Sunday Baking #1











Hello readers and welcome back to SundayNorth!

Today's post is all about Sunday baking. Now, with baking I was never really good at baking back when I was at University- ask Tom haha. Once I left, I knew that cooking and baking is a skill that everyone needs to tackle at some stage in their lives. So...I took this thought in mind and decided to get going. Go on if your thinking this then I think you should like I did. I started with baking cakes, vanilla cakes and then chocolate cakes. They were all plain at first nothing exciting but I wanted to test our oven because that can be difficult ohh myy!!! When is says 180 degrees what it really means is 160 degrees so get to know your oven. Cupcakes, are my personal fave because you make the mixture, divide it watch them rise and then time to decorate.

The first picture with the cookies, that was based on Tanya Burrs amazing chocolate chip cookies. I find that watching the video a lot easier- I will link it down below for you. Cupcakes where for a child's birthday and the Malteaser cake was also for a birthday- very exciting times. When I do my baking I have my recipe book and I write down things that worked for me, like the oven thing I said before because baking is a skill I feel for your kitchen environment. I will leave my recipe for you to try out for yourself. I do sell my cakes on the side (if people ask me to for special events- dads birthday up next!) and I get a lot of comments about my baking and that's the beauty of having a blog I can share my info. For the cupcakes I will leave a link below to the YouTuber that I took inspiration from and if you have'nt checked out Jemma then you will be hooked.

Birthday Cake Recipe

200g Butter
200g caster sugar
2 medium size eggss
200g of self raising Flour
1tsp of baking powder
vannila extract one drop
two cake trays and split between then bake for 20mins.

If you already bake then you can follow your own recipe and try out these decorations. Hope you like looking at my cakes and they are making me very hungry now haha. I will be doing more Sunday baking posts because I've done lots of cakes. Who doesn't love cake?

Thank you readers

Leah&Tom
x



Links...

Tanya Burrs chocolate cookies
https://www.tanyaburr.co.uk/2015/05/my-chocolate-cookie-recipe/
Cupcake Jemma vanilla cupcakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC51CynVHAU



Pictures by Tom Harrison
Written by Leah

Comments

Popular Posts