How to style a new home!




So!... your like me and you want to have a look at newly styled home, or your just looking for some home inspiration?... well with this post, I am hoping to help you with just that.

I have taken some pictures of my new flat which me and my boyfriend moved into 4months ago. I think the pictures will give you a good feeling towards our flat at the moment. It has taken a long time to get it to how it is today, that is without saying thanks to family and friends for helping and there guidance when buying bigger pieces of furniture.

I have taken pictures of certain areas in my home and now I think its about time to get cracking and show you them... Ready?! :)





This is the IKEA 2014 mirror. I love the design of this mirror, it has a geometric vibe whilst adding colour but not in your face. It's quite a special mirror because its named after the year we moved in #cheesy. 




This hurricane lantern is from Matalan. I've put this on the end of our fireplace and it is one of my favorite decorations for the living room.  

I love to add pops of white around the spaces of the flat because it adds to the freshness and... Let's face it...white is an amazing colour and goes with anything you really can't go wrong :) Silver is my thang!! I LOVE silver it makes me happy inside. So I had to have silver ornaments to complement the spaces which reflect light to! 



This candle was bought for me at Christmas and the message is really cute :)


Our curtains are from Dunelm Mill, I think that curtains are one of the main features in and it's important to pick the right colours for your living room . 

I chose these as they where including all of the colours I had in mind for our living room. I find it better to have colours in my curtains, so that I can pick out shades for the living room to match them. 


 I wanted the flat to look fresh, minimal and contrasting darker pieces of furniture.

 I did this by making the colours simple- KEY. In the living room we have a white sofa and a grey sofa both with neutral cushions but with added textures- such as the fax fur cushion from Next and the grey cushion from Primark. The throw was to add a little bit of colour. I don't normally go for blues but the royal blue throw from IKEA makes the curtains stand out and goes great with the White. 

Tips
1- Keep it simple 
2- Find key pieces that will change with the seasons.
3- Figure your colour schemes before buying 
4- Look around on line for ideas e.g Pintrest, Instagram and home magazines. 
5- Finally add your touch like I did with Silver items. 

If you want to follow me on pintrest to see my ever growing home ware addiction. 
http://uk.pinterest.com/leahlouse/

Social Media 
Instagram: Leahmcx
Twitter: @leahlmcevoy


Thank you for reading my post about how to style a first home. I hope to do more of these in the future as I have the feeling I LOVE home wear now!


Be sure to check my links and follow this blog and also on bloglovin. 
Take care 
Leah 



Comments

  1. I’m in love with your blog! Interesting posts, beautiful photos & design! It’s really amazing!
    Great job! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts